We teamed up with experts across the built environment industry – including designers, policy advisers, academics and community – for this campaign, which explores how the places where we live, work and socialise can both cause and combat loneliness.
We started with a roundtable to discuss how loneliness affects people, particularly in urban areas, and went on to publish a research report with ideas for reshaping our cities’ infrastructure to build better social connections. The report includes essays, interviews, case studies, recommendations and more, and has inspired a range of events, talks and workshops.
- Alex SmithFounder, The Cares Family
- Andre ReidFounder, KIONDO
- Dr Andrew StevensonSenior Lecturer of Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Daniel BlydenDesign Lead, Impact Hub Birmingham
- Frank FilskowArchitect, Make Architects
- Ian TreherneAmbassador, Sense
- Imogen WebbArchitect, Make Architects
- Joel CharlesDirector of Government Relations and Impact, Future Care Capital
- Katy GhahremaniDirector, Make Architects
- Dr Ken ShuttleworthFounder and Chair, Future Spaces Foundation
- Lee MallettFounder, Urbik
- Peter GreavesArchitectural Lead, Future Spaces Foundation
- Sara VealeManaging Editor, Future Spaces Foundation