Solutions for a sustainable built environment
In 2021 we launched a campaign with the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) to explore how we can leverage the interdependence of nature, society and economy to provide solutions for a sustainable built environment.
We began with a series of webinars focused on three keystones to the conversation: climate, nature and people. Now we’re highlighting our panellists’ recommendations for overcoming barriers to progress and driving climate-positive action across the built environment.
Changing climate, changing cultureDespite the availability of low-carbon solutions, buildings and construction still account for nearly 40% of energy-related CO2 emissions.Read more
Banking on bio-resilienceRapid biodiversity loss and land degradation present significant risks to the global economy.Read more
The webinar series was sponsored by Floornature.
- Anton CartwrightEconomist, African Centre for Cities; Founder, Credible Carbon; Director, Econologic
- Becci TaylorDirector, Arup
- Carolina UrrutiaSecretary for the Environment, Mayor’s Office of Bogotá
- Clare ShineDirector and CEO, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- Ehab SayedFounder and Director of Innovation, BIOHM
- Eliot WhittingtonDirector of Policy and the Corporate Leaders Groups, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- Emily HamiltonHead of ESG, Savills Investment Management
- Dr Fiona AdsheadChair, Sustainable Healthcare Coalition
- Guy GraingerGlobal Head of Sustainability, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
- Dr Judit KimpianChair, Architects' Council of Europe's (ACE) Sustainability Work Group
- Dr Ken ShuttleworthFounder and Chair, Future Spaces Foundation
- Dr Mustafa Santiago AliVice President of Environmental Justice, Climate & Community Revitalization, National Wildlife Federation
- Dr Nina SeegaResearch Director for Sustainable Finance, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- Pierre RousseauSenior Strategic Advisor for Sustainable Business, BNP Paribas Lisbon
- Piero PelizzaroChief Resilience Officer, City of Milan
- Ursula HartenbergerFounder and Director, PathTo2050
- Zelda BenthamGroup Head of Sustainability, Aviva plc